Nannies provide and complete care for the children in the employer’s home and perform all tasks that correlate to the care of the children. The nanny will create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment where the children can flourish. Duties may vary from one position to another as you may have different priorities depending on the age of the children. At St Pancras Recruitment, we strive to match you with a nanny who can embody your family’s values, traditions and needs.
Having a bilingual nanny will add an incredible gift to your child’s development.
We highly recommend your children get exposure to a different language from an early age. This critical period in their development makes them more receptive to learning new words and sounds.
Nannies are responsible for all aspects of care and childcare. Their duties may include but are not restricted to:
- Preparing, sterilising and cleaning bottles for babies as well as other feeding equipment
- Changing and sipping of nappies
- Bathing babies and supervising bath for older children
- Dressing children appropriate to the child’s activities
- Washing and ironing children’s clothes
- Planning, preparing and supervising nutritious meals for children
- Keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Shopping for children’s requirements (petty cash to be provided by the employer)
- Arranging and scheduling children’s activities
- Transporting children to school and after school clubs
- Planning and supervising rest, bed and nap times
- Helping with homework
- Tidying children’s bedrooms and play areas
- Implementing daily routine
- Running errands
It isn’t a legal requirement to have a childcare qualification in order to work as a nanny in the UK. However, many courses and qualifications are available.
If you would like to be present during all or most interactions between your nanny and your child, you could hire a mother’s help. A mother's help is expected to do most things a nanny would do with children but usually under the supervision of the mother.
It is also possible to hire a nanny/housekeeper who can be in charge of your child as well as your house. Please contact us on 0207 183 4235 so that we can advise you.